There are no limits to when you can experience acne and it can occur at any stage of your life. If you struggle to experience clear and clean skin, it may be time for you to find out what solutions may help you. Your dermatologists at Southeast Dermatology in Pasadena and Houston, TX, can help recommend solutions to control your acne and give yourself skin that you can feel comfortable in!
Getting Your Acne Under Control
There are different types of acne that you might be dealing with and it’s important to visit your dermatologists in Pasadena and Houston, TX, so that you can determine exactly what is affecting you and how treatment can help you. There are a few different kinds of common treatments that your dermatologist might suggest to help get your skin to your desired look. You may need to try multiple forms of treatment before you find what will work best for you. It may also be helpful to try a combination of treatments for the best results.
The common types of treatment include:
- Hormonal treatments- If you’re dealing with acne that is caused by a change in hormones, hormonal treatment can help balance that and help clear your skin.
- Extraction- Using a small metal tool, your dermatologist will gently push on your pores to help extract whiteheads and blackheads and remove any blockages in your skin.
- Benzoyl Peroxide- If you’re dealing with a mild case of acne, this can help reduce the amount of buildup in the hair follicles.
- Antibiotics- These can be oral or topical and help to treat infections in the pores.
- Tretinoin- This is a derivative of Vitamin A and helps to reduce blockages in the pores.
Contact Your Dermatologist Today!
There are many ways to get your acne under control! Don’t hesitate to contact your dermatologists at Southeast Dermatology in Pasadena and Houston, TX, about acne treatment today. Call for more information and to schedule an appointment at (281) 991-5944 for the office in Pasadena, TX, and (281) 481-0033 for the office in Houston, TX.