Lines, wrinkles, and decreased volume in your face can change your appearance as you get older. Dermal fillers offer a simple way to renew your skin and look more youthful. Your dermatologists at Southeast Dermatology in Houston and Pasadena, TX, can help you choose the ideal dermal fillers for you.
How do dermal fillers work?
Natural aging changes cause sagging facial muscles, less elastic skin, and decreased volume in your cheeks and under your eyes. Dermal fillers are injected under your skin and make your face look fuller and less wrinkled.
Dermal fillers offer a safe, effective way to improve the way you look if you're concerned about:
- Lines and Wrinkles: Adding fillers plumps up the skin and smooths out the fine lines and wrinkles that make you look older. Fillers are often used to improve the appearance of crow's feet, forehead furrows, lines around the lips, chin creases, and nasolabial fold lines. (The nasolabial fold lines extend from your nose to your mouth on both sides of your face.
- Thin Lips: Over time, your lips become thinner. If your lips have always been a little thin, you may be dismayed to find that they've practically disappeared as you've aged. No matter what your age, adding fillers will give you full, young-looking lips.
- Hollow Cheeks and Eyes: Loss of volume is particularly noticeable in the cheeks and undereye area. As volume decreases, skin sags and wrinkles appear. Fillers subtly increase volume.
- Scars: Fillers also change the way depressed scars look.
What kinds of dermal fillers are available?
Your skin doctor may recommend one or more of these dermal fillers during your visit to the Houston or Pasadena, TX dermatology office.
- Hyaluronic Acid (Juvederm, Restylane, Captique, Elevess, and other brand names): This filler is particularly popular and can be used to improve the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and scars and improve volume. Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in your body and is also used to reduce the pain of arthritis.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite (Radiesse): Calcium hydroxylapatite is a good option if you have lines or wrinkles that are moderate to severe or want to add volume to your face.
- Polyalkylimide (Aquamid): Polyalkylimide is particularly effective at plumping deeper wrinkles, adding volume to your lips and cheeks, and improving the silhouette of your face.
- Other Fillers: Depending on your needs, your dermatologist may also recommend other fillers, like polylactic acid (Sculptra) or polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA).
Renew your appearance with dermal fillers! Call your Houston and Pasadena, TX, dermatologists to schedule your appointment. You can reach Southeast Dermatology's Pasadena office at (281) 991-5944 or the Houston office at (281) 481-0033.