Posts for: March, 2019
How your dermatologists in Pasadena and Southeast Houston, TX, can help clear up your skin
Are you having trouble with acne? The truth is, acne is one of the most annoying and common skin conditions that dermatologists treat. Although the condition will sometimes go away by itself, stubborn acne should be treated by an expert, such as a dermatologist at Southeast Dermatology. We have two convenient office locations in Pasadena and East Houston, TX, to help clear up your skin!
More about Acne Treatments
Acne can affect everyone, no matter how old you are. More commonly affecting teenagers due to the hormonal fluctuations at the onset of puberty, it nevertheless still affects older adults too. Acne shows up in several forms, including blackheads, whiteheads, pustules, and cystic bumps.
There are some things you can do to reduce your chances of developing acne. Remember to:
- Wear non-comedogenic makeup to avoid clogging up your pores
- Eat healthy foods and avoid fried, greasy foods and dairy
- Exercise often to increase perspiration and flush out toxins
- Drink water to eliminate toxins and clear up skin
- Don’t pick or pop blemishes because it can spread bacteria
- Avoid touching your face to reduce bacterial transfer
For stubborn, severe acne, you need to visit your dermatologist. At Southeast Dermatology, they offer several effective treatments for acne including:
- Salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide products which unblock your pores, eliminating small blemishes
- Oral and topical antibiotic medications to reduce or eliminate acne-causing bacteria
- Isotretinoin medications to unblock pores and clear up cysts; used for cases of severe acne
- Hormonal treatments to help with acne caused by hormonal imbalances
- Extraction, using a metal tool to extract blemishes
Don’t let acne get you down. To get started on an individualized treatment plan to get rid of your acne for good, just pick up your phone and call one of Southeast Dermatology's offices in Pasadena, or East Houston today! The numbers are (281) 991-5944 for Pasadena, and (281) 481-0033 for Southeast Houston.