Posts for: September, 2014
By Southeast Dermatology
September 02, 2014
Category: Dermatology Treatments
Life can often throw us some curveballs sometimes. Whether it’s over-scheduling, a missed deadline or illness, we can often feel frustrated by life’s little challenges. However, acne shouldn’t be one of them. Unfortunately, both teenagers and adults alike are currently dealing with acne. In fact, about 85 percent of people have to deal with this dermatological problem at some point in their lives. However, no matter when this issue arises, it can be annoying and inconvenient. Who wants a pimple the night before the prom or a big job interview? If you’re dealing with acne, your Southeast Houston and Pasadena dermatologist is here to tell you some simple ways to treat it.
- There are certain chemicals that have been known to provide some serious acne relief. In fact, you might have even heard of them. Chemicals like benzyl peroxide and salicylic acid are now your best friends, and as luck would have it, you can often find them in over-the-counter treatments and cleansers. Since they reduce blockage of hair follicles, they are perfect for those with more mild cases of acne in Pasadena and Southeast Houston.
- Did you know that antibiotics are no longer just for infections anymore? While you might often take them for a flu or bacterial infection, you could also find acne relief in Pasadena with antibiotics. Either an oral or topical antibiotic might be prescribed based on your specific case. We treat everyone’s acne differently because no one has the exact same skin type.
- Adopt a tried and true skin care regime! It might seem like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised. Making sure that you wash your skin in the morning and at night will ensure that you remove the daily grime.
- Also, your Southeast Houston and Pasadena dermatologist recommends that you don’t wash your face with water that’s too hot. You might be surprised to find that when skin dries out it’s more prone to acne. While the hot water might feel soothing, your skin needs to retain moisture. Next time, opt for water that’s more room temperature and your skin will be happy.
- If you haven’t found relief from your acne in Pasadena and Southeast Houston, there is always the opportunity to come into the office for extractions. Your Southeast Houston and Pasadena dermatologist would be happy to properly remove those persistent blackheads and whiteheads. Remember, no matter how frustrated you might be with you skin, there’s no reason to pick at it. Leave your extractions to the professionals!
Just be prepared—there is no overnight solution for acne. It’s a gradual process that takes finding the right treatment to get rid of your pimples once and for all. However, these handy little tips will have your skin looking better in no time. If you’re ready to find out how to treat your acne once and for all, contact your Southeast Houston and Pasadena dermatologist at (281) 991-5944.